Applications are no longer being accepted for SUPA Prize Studentships or the CM-CDT.
See below to find out more about Physics research in our the universities in Scotland, the opportunities to work with us, study or to find out about research projects leading to a PhD.
|Major themes||SUPA Universities|
Regardless of which university you choose, doing a PhD in the above topics at the above universities makes you an automatic member of SUPA. An excellent training environment will be provided by the SUPA Graduate School, giving candidates access to a wide range of courses across Scotland.
The considerable physics expertise within Scotland is made available to PhD students through:
- video links between dedicated teaching rooms
- computer mediated resources and tools
- practical activities (e.g., programming labs)
- tutorials and discussion classes
- lectures by distinguished visitors
- summer schools
- collaborations with major research facilities
- knowledge transfer opportunities
- entrepreneurship training
Applications should now be made directly to each university instead of through the SUPA applications portal.