Before you begin the online application process for the SUPA Prize Studentship, please read the Application Guide. It contains important information regarding the submission of references and other requirements. You will be asked to confirm that you have read this document. In addition, please read all the information on this page before starting the application process.
The deadline for submitting applications is 23:59 GMT, 31st January 2018.
Note that your referees must upload their references by 7th February 2018 at 23:59 GMT or your application will not be put forward to the selection panel.
All applications must be made online.
The deadline for applications is 23:59 GMT, 31st January 2018.
The four steps in the application process
- Prepare your application
- Complete and submit the five-part online form
- Arrange for your references to be uploaded to the SUPA application website
- Please also apply to your chosen SUPA university to undertake a PhD
The Application Guide contains important information regarding your submission. Please read it carefully.
Further details about each step in the process
STEP 1 - Please prepare the following before starting the application form:
Your contact details, including a valid email address that you will check daily during the prize process period.
The contact details of two referees who have agreed to provide references for you.
The e-mail address of a prospective supervisor with whom you have been in contact and who has agreed to supervise you.
Details of your higher education (after high school) academic record and any English language qualifications (including scores and grades) if applicable.
Details of your academic achievements, prizes, awards and publications.
A prepared statement of your interest in a chosen SUPA Theme or area of research (approx. 200 words).
A prepared statement of what makes you a suitable candidate for a SUPA prize studentship (approx. 200 words).
A scanned final or interim (if you have not yet graduated) transcript of your first degree (after high school) in pdf format.
STEP 2 - Complete and submit the application form
- Once you have read the Application Guide and prepared your submission, you may begin the application.
- Start your 2018-19 application now! [login required]
- Completed applications must be submitted to SUPA by the deadline of 23:59 GMT, 31st January 2018. At the end of the process you will be given an application reference id number. Make a careful note of this number.
STEP 3 - Arrange for your references to be uploaded to SUPA Central
- Your referees will be contacted with details of how they can upload their references for you directly to SUPA Central once you have submitted the completed form. You are responsible for ensuring that your two named referees supply references before the deadline of 7th February 2018 at 23:59 GMT. You must provide us with a valid email address for each of your referees. They will be sent a link to an online upload facility.
STEP 4 - Please also apply to your chosen SUPA university to undertake a PhD
- After you submit your application to SUPA Central, you must also apply to your chosen SUPA university to undertake a PhD and are obliged to meet the minimum requirements of that institution.